Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sample Speech For Welcoming The Debutante

Flaming Stars






"Because I'm Awesome" Dollyrots



Since that fateful day every night after class, we'd try the sad closet, despite the repeated and continuous spray deodorants of all kinds, eat odors and essences, continued to smell of mold and closed.



also to make it more comfortable Elvira had started painting the walls with absurd drawings, posters and sticking way you could improve it. Was always sad, but at least it was more pleasant to spend the evenings. At first we played mostly cover the arrangements which came from the internet, I found myself brought to Hell's Bells by AC / DC. Ok, a sort of sacrilege because of my voice shrill and more feminine as the original, but Jamie had insisted so much because I sang. On the absolute spread a veil, it was more a sketch of something played on the guitar, but the best was right there: no one claimed nothing from us. We played for ourselves, only ourselves. Went after so lightly that we did not even have a name yet.



Every day our repertoire widened, it was often suggested that Elvis's songs, she was still the pundits of music.
came into my room one morning with a grin and the air of one who had just done the damage, it was clever, yes, but predictable.
"I have a gift for you!" He began. His hands behind his back and a grin to trensei teeth.
"Oh," I was surprised, "A gift, how sweet!" Held out his hands towards her waiting for a small gift, perhaps packing.
He gave me a piece of paper.
With a bit of disappointment, "What is the shopping list?" I said ironically.
"Nice, Read!"
My lips are opened up into a broad smile, I raised my head from the package turning my attentions to her.
"I can not believe you found it!" I cried.
"Yes, and now you're forced to sing and play ... As we had established. "I held back laughter.

t

He had found everything we needed to play that song so funny that they had danced the day you decide to start playing together.
"Brand New Key in a punk style is pretty cool" and gestured impatiently frenatica "Where is that lazy of our drummer?"
"I think it's in his room, I have no idea." Something told me that a little later in Jamie's room would have shot down a hurricane.
"JAMIE !!!!!" Elvira rushed to the room and opened the door almost Jamie with his shoulder, afraid that he would bring her down, leaving the poor boy with no door.
"What happened? What's that noise? "Stared. Fortunately we found him sitting at the computer and dress decently. Elvira did not go to your head that maybe it could be half naked or worse in situational intimate ... Maybe with his girlfriend.
"Let's play! Now! "Approached him, grabbed his arm and pulled until he was up and ready to shoot.
"But there was a need to break down the door to venirmelo to say, let me understand ..." he shrugged, as we headed upstairs, my eyes looking for a support.
"He found a song that wants to play at all costs ... You know, when foot down ... "I tried to justify Elvira, who meanwhile had exceeded rushing the closet, and do not deny that he held back the laughter after the scene.



now shook his head in exasperation, Jamie knew to be patient in an enviable manner.
"I'm sorry and if I had to study?" Yelled at Elvira.
"Please Jamie, nobody believes ... What were you doing? I watched the little women on the Internet? "
Jamie blushed violently, sighing and looking up to heaven and said nothing more until we were all in our places with sheets, leaflets and leaflet to follow the notes, and began. I rode my bicycle

past your window last night I roller skated
to your door at daylight It Almost Seems like you're
avoiding me
I'm okay alone, but you got something I need

Fino a questo punto la melodia era pressochè simile all’orginale, ma era qui che veniva il bello e scoppiava in qualcosa di molto… Punk.

Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out you see
I been looking around awhile
You got something for me
Oh! I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I ride my bike, I roller skate, don't drive no car
Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far
For somebody who don't drive
I been all around the world
Some people say, I done all right for a girl
Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out you see
I been looking around awhile
You got something for me
Oh! I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I asked your mother if you were at home
She said, yes .. but you weren't alone
Oh, sometimes I think that you're avoiding me
I'm okay alone, but you've got something I need
Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key
I think that we should get together and try them out to see
La la la la la la la la, la la la la la la
Oh! I got a brand
new pair of roller skates You got a brand new key

The text was very stupid, but after testing it to make something really original and cute. We should improve a little, the rest to create the impression of a song, it was not a trivial matter.
"This will be our centerpiece!" Elvis was hailed as the few times I saw her.
"will be very good, thanks to the beautiful little voice Lu," and Jamie was always so kind.
laughed taste, "Jamie, the usual fawning! Do this with your Cheer? "Threw him a mischievous look.
lowered his head and smiled embarrassed. It became even more beautiful when her face took on a kid that look shameful.
"Knew what I do with the Cheer-Mia-" joked sdrammattizare embarrassment and trying to burst out laughing.
"Do not go into detail, Jamie, I could vomit." Elvira put two fingers in an effort to simulate the throat.
"Come on, Elvira, do not be squeamish, you want to tell me that there is no one you care ...?"
" Honey, I'm everyone and no one ... "and doth his best smile asshole. Elvira was like this: in the few resisted, she was beautiful, he was good, but did not want anything serious. At parties it is often seen flirting with the boys, but never the same. She liked it, easy and short stories that did not commit his heart seemed to have sealed.
"My heart is asbestos ..." I always said, but inside I knew that I would kill anyone who had wronged him, even though in terms of violence between the two she won on all fronts. Elvira was crazy! Or simply take the life he knew in the way we should all get it: this live, live intensely every moment because no one ever going to restore the moments you've lost.
"Rather" Elvira and his satanic grin had turned to me "Jack? I noticed that your relationship is making headway, eh? "Indeed
I deserved the Toccata from the sarcastic tone. After the talk with Jamie
do not go to Jack ... Meet and greet him if he fled soon after, giving him little chance to come and talk to me.
I did not know really what to say, so I stammered something incomprehensible that snapped the nerves.
"Now I'm sick! Jamie, call Jack and tell him to come and see ... Tonight! Got it?" his statement made me jump.
"Co. .. Co. .. WHAT?! But I can not ..."
"You can not what?! Want to spend a lifetime watching from afar?! Eh?"



"No, I ..."
"" No shit! Tonight sing for him! "
"We Please! "it would have been embarrassing for him to sing? If I had had before only he'd been stunned with a guitar in my hand, forget the name, "Wait ... Reasoning ... Ok "I turned to Jamie sat on the stool battery" Jamie brings him ... All right ... But it also leads to someone else ... Please! "This time it was all eyes pleading for Elvira.



" Hmmm "thought for a moment, if indeed she had left at the mercy of events and Jack ... No, could not do this to me! "So be it. Jamie, gathers a small group of people and you play tonight. Our first show! "The grin disappeared to make room for a smile and a face excited and enthusiastic.
"Ok, you did! Sure, you enslave me, Kane!" When they were called for last name was the climax: starting to poke back.
"Stone ... Humbug! Row! "Pointed to the door, there was no chance to reply" I would highly recommend! "Worthy of a Nazi general.
" Ok, ok! In the name of Satan ... "Jamie put his hand over his heart on his way toward the door. The fact which could perform all these orders of Elvira was not afraid because in some way, but probably not because I hated him even more .
"Eh?" he asked, did not realize the subtle joke.
"Nothing nothing! Well, 'I go down below. I'm going to hear some friends and if you need me ... Do not destroy me the room. "Any reference was purely coincidental.
Elly and I were left alone and could give vent to talk to women.
"Tonight, I put in the shot ... Ok?" began to play with my hair.
"Sure, what a question!" But this was definitely the problem child "But .. what songs we play? That is ... He is an accomplished guitarist. If you are fucking wrong!"
"Lu, quiet. ... We'll play Brand New Key"
"But we tried it only today!"
"No matter! Trust me." Now his voice was sweet and I put a hand on his shoulder, "Then blew the cover of the Ronettes. "
" Be My Baby? But it is stupid ... "even the cover was in our repertoire. We seemed to specialize in remaking songs absurd.
" It 's your declaration of love, no, stupid? "She smiled.



looked at her incredulously. Di certainly did not help at all and so in return I burst out laughing, totally hysterical.
"Do not run away now! It 's time that Jack falls at your feet!" I nodded
not yet fully convinced, then, as I feared, I proposed a 'another brilliant idea.
"Then sing the song that you wrote yourself." trembled for a moment. The piece was referring to was our first real serious song. Words were mine, the music of Elvis. When I wrote it I was completely drunk, but my friends liked it so much that we decided to keep it. It was a sort of hymn to myself, when I drank I had a lot of confidence and determination and no fear of making fool. For a moment I flashed on my mind that I could get drunk before playing for Jack, but then I figured the bad shape that I would do if I had launched and I said something stupid out of turn. No, better to stay shiny and die of fright and performance anxiety.
The song we had called: "Because I'm awesome" and the chorus went like this: I'ma leader, I'ma winner
, And I'm

cleaner Cause I'm awesome

I do not need you cause I'm neato and I beat you Cause I'm awesome

That's right
were a mass of crap that they played pretty well put together.
now in the hands of Elvira had to give up and wait for his instructions.
"I'm going to argue this too, but I know that if I do I'll take a kick because I'm quiet. But ..."
"Oh, Christ ... But what?"
"There is a solo ..." nothing so difficult in reality, but for me, I had not yet very familiar, was a small obstacle.
"So what seems to me that there is guitar, right?" pointed at me.
"I definitely be wrong!"
"Lu, we are not to play at Woodstock!" Looked up to heaven, I knew it very well go crazy "Try to stay calm and everything will be fine. Then put it this way: Jack Thurston Moore is certainly not !! "
sighed deeply, now my legs started shaking really.
tried to calm down again for a while, not until both had to run to class.
lesson to which I paid no attention, surrounded by all my thoughts as I was. The pencil dangling between his lips, I thought it would be fun to play and organize the small parties. Playing in front someone for the first time and playing in front of Jack ... I wonder if I would speak, if he would appreciate a ... I was hopeful that I hope will not turn into pure illusion.

"Then at 9 o'clock they will reach some friends." Jamie's voice behind me made me jump and almost no book I was reading fell from my hands.

t

I had gone back to the dorm and I just decided to relax a little, sitting on the couch and reading something ... The guadai opening his eyes and wrinkling the forehead, waiting for news from him. And not just any news, he knew the route.
"Still, Jack said he did not want to miss the show. Will ... "
I did not say anything, I limited myself to catapult me into my room, leaving Jamie speechless. A total restoration was urgent and fast. Elvira had not yet returned from class, or wherever they were expelled, and had to rely on my taste at that time had been canceled by agitation. What the hell are you wearing to play the first time, but not in an official manner and arrived in front of the type which is fully cooked? All my clothes seem dull or too elaborate. Sitting on the floor, hidden by the clothes I was about to lose hope and put on a pair of jeans, a shirt and put an end once and for all when I noticed the bottom of my drawer a red dress with the price tag still attached. I took off out with care and explained.
"Perfect!" I thought. Do not even remember to have bought it, but it was a blessing. It was pretty red polka dot blacks, with a very short skirt with pleats and ruffles at the hem with black lace, low-cut right and with the straps. I tried it once combined with my high boots.
I combed my hair with a hairstyle is not too elaborate and I do not truccai much, the dress was already doing its part.
I was finally ready. I left the room timidly to seek approval of someone.



The first eye was that I happened to Jamie sitting watching TV.
"So? How am I? " spread his arms to show me better. He looked away from the TV and said nothing for a while, I looked down.
"Wow ..." he whispered, then raised his voice, "Wow, Lu, you are ... You ... Very nice! "
" Really? I'm not too
...?" "No, no, I mean ..." she blushed slightly. "You look ... One star ... "
" A Flaming Star, "the excited voice of Elvira surprised us suddenly arrived waving their hands in the air simulating a strange sort of dance.



Me and Jamie we exchanged a meaningful glance.
"He's drunk ..." he said.
"Yes, definitely!" I nodded.
we are surprised for its entry teatralissima, both for its bright new look.
All afternoon he had only wanted to change color and haircut, do not ever Smet, was his first performance and had to be impeccable. He was tremendously well and I envied the courage with which he had no scruple in dyeing their hair and in an absolutely tagliarseli stana. Apart from the fact that it would be good no matter what the head. He had rearranged the fringe point cutting, dyeing his hair black with shades of fuchsia on the sides.



"No it is not true! Contrary ..." She defended herself with a frown crossing his arms too teatrale.
"Elly, che è successo?! Che hai fatto hai capelli??! Perchè non sono rosa confetto?? Esci da questo corpo!!" Jamie la scosse leggermente tenendola per le spalle. Sapevo che di lì a poco o lo avrebbe strozzato o scorticato vivo, dipendeva dall’umore di Elvira. Di rimando si tolse le sue mani di dosso e gli puntò il dito addosso.
"Farò entrare qualcosa nel tuo di corpo se non la pianti, Stone!!”
Lo sguardo infuocato lasciò posto ad un atteggiamento decisamente civettuolo “E poi guardate bene... Ho le ciocche fuxia. Sono sempre la vostra angelica Bella-In-Rosa..." si indicò i nuovi capelli.
"Angelica? Satana al tuo confronto è un cherubino!!"
"one day give birth in pain, cursed !!!!" Jamie Stone
We looked for a while and everyone laughed. For a moment the tension was eased, in the end it was just an evening with friends, music and a few drinks. At that time did not care if Jack would be present and the feeling that I felt I lifted a lot.

immediately changed my mood when about nine o'clock a lot of friends on campus were the final blow came and settled down with me a favor by Master Jack. I was talking with some classmates when a voice behind me called my attention.
"" Hey, hello, blonde! " I put a hand on his shoulder to make me run.
"Hello, Jack" the low voice and the hand that scratched the air. Just like the first time we had met. I always hated those who would call me blonde, but he could afford.
"So tonight it's your turn to play?" the more I looked the more I looked nice. To have him still so close made me nervous, my heart was beating a thousand causing a blush color that could not hide, and saw it was impossible not to notice.
"So it seems ..." idiotic smiles, raising his arms. Here again the feeling of awkwardness and stupidity, I attacked.
"Let's see if you need some guitar lessons then ..." I blinked, his smile bordering on perfection.
"Oh, I do not know ... I'd be happy if I I give an opinion. "And this was the release of the most miserable night, so I looked like a duck.
" Oh, we can count on. "I studied a while" You're very cute tonight, however, Lucretia. "



"Oh ..." I froze, "Um ... Thank you ... "I lowered my head and began to play nervously with her hair.
At that time we called Jamie, my savior, I would not right yet his eyes. But from there began its beauty, I would have heard him play, sing The tragedy was at hand.
"Must I go ... It begins ... "pointed the finger at the ceiling and he obviously did not seem to have understood." In the closet, where there are the tools, here ... Yeah .. "I would if I could beat her on her own. I walked away as quickly as possible to get there before him and, I admit, not to take the journey together, I yelled
"Good luck, blonde."



We started the show. Only three of us and our tools in his hands in front of us a dozen guys who were prepared to the nth university party, but for me it was not. It was put into play, to see what was worth the one guy that my heart was beating wildly. Among the small crowd I saw even Mary, the girl Mary, beautiful as ever and with his eyes on her boyfriend.



Her pride made her look even more radiant. I had not yet been able to talk much, but we'd been able to become good friends.
"Oh ... good evening, guys ..." Elvira greeted as though he were a real concert.
But before laying hands on the strings of the guitar man among the crowd asked, "What's your name? What name did you choose?"
"Shit! A hurry and off we Forgotten the name" I thought bleaching.
"Er ..." I was in a panic, I looked at Elvira, was the only one who could save the situational.
"Flaming Star (Flaming Star - ndVD)" cried Elvira.
I wanted to go and kiss her, but the show was to begin. Flaming Stars, it sounded good. Damn good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment